Friday, April 21, 2006

T-G-I-F!

I have to apologize to all (still just myself) readers out there for not posting in awhile. Have been so busy lately...No, really I have. This has been a strenuous week @ work and @ home. My boss resigned last Friday, clients pissed off, day long seminars, and my beautiful queen leaving tomorrow.

This now makes 2 managers I have survived, the first being the one who hired me.

A client's commercial was running wrong, so I had to put that fire out - fun stuff!

On Wednesday I had to attend my monthly Leadership Lauderdale seminar...Interesting but long. We learn how to be effective leaders, and what challenges our community faces to grow and flourish. Also, we get to tour different businesses, or areas of interest in our town. This week we toured the African-American Historic Business District of Meridian (all 6 square blocks). But, it was pretty cool to see and hear some of the history there. At some point the Starlight Lounge (now closed) saw the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, James Brown, and others...pretty cool! We are home to the world's oldest African-American owned company, and the only town that had funds donated to two black libraries. This part of town is in bad shape and has been neglected for many years, but just walking around the area reminded me so much of the French Quarter. The feel of blues and jazz is all around you, the style of buildings are very similar, and then there's the people in the area. I would love to see this area's revitalization along with some of the other current projects going on in the downtown area.

And my queen is leaving tomorrow (sniff, sniff) for Prague. Lucky Bitch! :) We have a couple of friends currently working there as teachers, and she is going to visit. I was invited, but low and behold...no $$$ put a damper on that :( . That's OK, I know they will have a great time, and probably enjoy the nice week away. On the flip side - I do not envy the fact that it will take a total of 23 hours from the time she flies out of M-town and into Prague. Ha, ha...I will be eatin' more crawfish and drinking beer for the duration of her flight(s). Poor baby...uh, never mind--it's still Prague for a week! I'll miss ya, and please be careful!!!

A shout-out to Meredith for these pics:


(US - Mexican border)
Can you believe that is an actual person in there? With all of our problems we have here in America...We are still the best country in the world. The proof is in the pudding. People will go to these lengths just to get into America!

1 Comments:

Blogger KayJayPea said...

Awwwwwwwww... aren't you sweet!? I love you!!! I'm gonna miss you, too -- never been away from you this long. Think we'll survive? ;)

As for that 23 hours I'll be enduring while you are eating crawfish & drinking beer? Well, I may just have to get drunk in the airport. Just me. Alone. Ha! Who's jealous now, bitch!?

Hee, hee...

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home