Friday, April 14, 2006

Board meeting, Wine, and Mardi Gras?

So...last night my mother and I had a meeting for the little business we have started. You know, bill paying, filing, overall business related junk. Well, we also had to open several bottles of cheap wine, pull out the Hits crackers (Rits knock-offs), and the tub of pimento cheeze...mmm mmm mmm - good stuff! Needless to say, that by 11:00 pm we had no bills paid, 4 files started, and many discussions about random crap! NOW THAT'S A BOARD MEETING!!!
As my mother staggered out the door home (with a go-cup) I couldn't help but think to myself ... "Damn! She just drank all my wine!". Kidding!
It's good to hang out with her every now and then. My mom can be really cool at times, and really funny when she drinks. Hell, my first Mardi Gras experience was when I was 12 years old and she bribed me with a hurricane to go into a gay bar & order it. So right in I went, no shame here. Hey, it was a free hurricane - and I was drinking with good ole mom!

She was also the person who slurred the words "you don't have to go home and go to school. You would miss Fat Tuesday! You can't come to Mardi Gras and miss Fat Tuesday." Needless to say, after several days of drinking w/mom and hanging off light post on Bourbon St. I was hooked. I have been many more times since, but none still compare to that first one! Yay Mom! Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger KayJayPea said...

Well, now we all know what's wrong with Jon. Hee, hee...

[smooch!!!]

12:44 PM  
Blogger JonPDalewood said...

With a picture like that, you wonder what's wrong with me?

3:58 PM  
Blogger KayJayPea said...

Touche'.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home